Search This Blog

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Converting from MTS to h264 avi using ffmpeg; convert from MTS (Panasonic DMC-TZ10) to AVI; Converting from MTS to XVID avi using ffmpeg

I do not cover here the installation process of ffmpeg under ubuntu. (You need to either install it by apt-get/aptitude or download the sources, configure and compile it. Configuration includes enabling modules/libraries: e.g. ./configure --enable-faac --enable-x264 --enable-gpl --enable-xvid).

To convert to XVID use:

ffmpeg -i 00000.MTS -threads 4 -deinterlace -f avi-r 25 -vcodec libxvid -vtag XVID  -s 1920×1080  -aspect 16:9 -maxrate 1800k -b 1500k -qmin 3 -qmax 5 -bufsize 4096 -mbd 2 -bf 2 -flags +4mv -trellis -aic -cmp 2 -subcmp 2 -g 300 -acodec libmp3lame -ar 48000 -ab 128k -ac 2 out.avi

 

To convert to h264 use:

ffmpeg -threads 2 -i 00000.MTS -vcodec libx264 -deinterlace -b 3000k -cmp +chroma -g 250 -partitions +parti4x4+partp8x8+partb8x8 -i_qfactor 0.71 -keyint_min 25 -b_strategy 1 -flags +loop -vpre hq -acodec libmp3lame -ar 48000 -ab 128k -ac 2  outputfile.avi

 

Help on automating several MTS files creation can be found here.

8 comments:

  1. Wow... i got it and works well for me to convert mts files. thank you, guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ffmpeg is powerful converting tool, it supports many video formats including mts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Post is nicely written and it contains many good things for me. I am glad to find your impressive way of writing the post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, this is a small problem, very simple, I recommend a I am now using the MTS converter software can meet all your requirements, you can try.

    http://www.mtsconverter.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. The defect is that we have to use different settings for different videos using ffmpeg command. As a computer novice, I prefer to use the Video Converter Assist program.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These days, I ran into a problem which is I find it hard to put AVCHD to ProRes. Finally I got a fantastic software: Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac.
    It perfectly solve my problems about the conversion. I recommend you to have a try. It's definitely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quite a nice post, and I've found another detailed guide on how to convert MKV to MP4 using FFmpeg here, besides, alternative to FFmpeg is mentioned in this guide.

    ReplyDelete

If you like this post, please leave a comment :)