Scaloid maven project: https://github.com/pocorall/hello-scaloid-maven
Intellij 13: http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/
JDK 6: JDK_6
Android API level 8: http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
1. Download&install&set up - maven, intellij 13, Android SDK
2. Install JDK 6 alongside JDK 7 (in my case it was: /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.6.0_45 )
3. Download API level 8 SDK platform for Android from Android SDK Manager
(adt-linux-x64/sdk/tools/android ), set ANDROID_HOME env variable
4. Clone scaloid maven project repository
5. mvn package -Prelease in the scaloid maven project
6. Run IntelliJ, install SCALA plugin (worked for me on version: 0.30.380 and 0.26.361)
7. Close IntelliJ, choose Open Project, navigate to the project directory and open the pom.xml file (hello-scaloid-maven/pom.xml)
Language level changes will take effect on project reload.
Would you like to reload project "hello-scaloid-maven" now?
select Yes. Android framework will be loaded.
8. Change project settings according to the attached images.
Unable to execute dex: method ID not in [0, 0xffff]: 65536
Your ProGuard configuration DID not work. Scala has too many methods for dex compiler. Dex has a limit of 65536. ProGuard limits the number of SCALA methods and so the dex compiler succeeds in processing the class files.